Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Roundup for 9-18-07

Brief reviews of new shows from Sacramento Bee. Most of the shows I definitely want to watch got good rankings from them, the ones I've said "I might give it a pilot" are all over the place, and I might be willing to give one or 2 more a chance because they sound better than I thought they would.

IBM is making a free, downloadable office suite to challenge Microsoft. It sounds like a version of OpenOffice (who they just partnered with) with IBM support. Sounds great.
http://slashdot.org/articles/07/09/18/1155252.shtml
http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9780362-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

First angel shark born in captivity in SF. Why is it that I like aquariums and I have been living between the ones in SF and Monterey for 4 years now and still haven't gone to either one? I need to change that.

Interview with Naomi Novik about her latest book and the pending Peter Jackson movie, etc.

November 7, 2007 has been announced as the release date for the hardcover version of the Heroes online comics.

Weird but true: Personal jet wing in development.

Lauren Graham has signed a development deal with NBC. So sometime in the next year they will develop a new show for her. Let's hope it is good.

I'm not sure if I would use the email program Mozilla is working on, but after reading this article, I'm glad they are doing it.

New stuff coming from Lee & Miller per the Liad Infodump on her blog. Cool!

New battery being developed for plug-in hybrids could make the technology more affordable.

No comments: