ABC announced renewals for 12 more shows - with the remaining ones presumed to be canceled. No big surprises.
Will Smith is producing a movie for SciFi called "Unfinished Business" that could turn into a series.
There are rumors (which I doubt are real) that the 4th Twilight movie might not get made because they can't figure out a way to make the subject matter work on-screen. On a better note for the series, Zap2It has a picture of the wolfpack from the set of New Moon.
Space & astronomy photos & news:
- Space.com has a great new Hubble photo and a link to a gallery of galactic collisions. Check out the amazing photos.
- Space.com also has a gallery of the Top 10 Views of Earth.
- The Big Picture has a bunch of amazing photos from the Cassini Saturn mission. (Found through John Scalzi's blog entry.)
- In honor of Earth Day, CNet has a photogallery of NASA's Top 10 Achievements for the Earth.
- Hundreds of NASA images will become more accesible due to a new partnership with Microsoft Research's Worldwide Telescope.
- SETI scientists have found a way to detect earthquakes shortly before they happen.
- Space-based solar power plants could be used to break up hurricanes as they form.
BBC has an article on using e-book readers to keep newspapers alive.
Studies have linked vitamin A & C deficiencies to increased risk for asthma.
Listverse lists the Top 20 Films of the 90s. I've seen all but about 7 or 8 (#20 sounds familiar but I don't remember if I saw it or not) and some are come-upon-it favorites that I've seen over and over.
Wired had an issue specializing in puzzles:
- A chart on how the types of games relate.
- Evil brainteasers.
- Digidoku - an LED interactive Sudoku-type game.
- Oddly shaped jigsaw puzzles where the pieces can be put together in different ways, but only one is correct.
CNN has an article on the nutrient-rich Maya nut which grows in Central America and the woman who is showing natives how to find and prepare it.