Tuesday, November 20, 2007

11-20-07 Couch Potato Corner

Season 2 of Torchwood starts on BBC America on January 26th. I'm impressed with the quick turnaround. (No BBC start date has been announced yet, but it will probably be only a week or 2 before the US date.)

Neil Gaiman's Anansi Boys is available as a free audio download until Saturday. The CD we listened to with just Lenny Henry was amazing. This still has Lenny Henry, but has added 7 other people to round out the cast.

The 4-hour TV movie of Terry Pratchet's Discworld novel Hogfather made for the UK last year will air this week on ION TV. He will have a cameo as the toymaker.

I'm not sure if it is an indication of tastes differing or if I am out of touch, but someone just listed their 25 essential reads for 2007 and there are only 4 books I've even heard of on the list, and none that I've actually bought (although at least one is in my wish list). I may have to research what else he's recommended to see if these authors are ones I should check out.

DVR for tonight:
8pm Bones
9pm House (Reaper is a repeat of the 2nd ep)

No comments: