Wednesday, February 4, 2009

2-4-09

BBC America has announced 3 genre shows coming "later in 2009" (whenever that happens to be - I wish they'd been more specific): Being Human (vampire, werewolf & ghost share a flat), Survivors (post apocalypse), and 3rd season Primeval.

Google Maps has a new mobile application called Latitude, which lets you share your location information with friends and family (you can set level at specific address, city level, or not shared on a person-by-person basis) once you install the app on your mobile device (but not the iPhone yet). Sources: SF Gate (AP), Wired, CNet.

Yahoo is discontinuing their Briefcase. I'll have to check what files I have there and move them. I used to use it to store files I wanted access to at both home and work, but I mostly use my flash drive for that now. The CNet article mentions other services that you can use to replace your Briefcase if you still use it.

Since Microsoft released the beta of Windows 7, there has been a bunch of news and reviews about it (most of which I've left off this blog), but here are a few good links. Ars Technica takes an in-depth look at the new taskbar and CNet breaks down what they like and what they don't like about it.

While looking at Microsoft releases, there are also reviews of their IE 8 release candidate. I'm sure I'll stick with Firefox whenever I can, but if you're curious, there is a photo gallery at CNet and a full review at PC Magazine.

The Galaxy Express has a 2-part look at SF Romances (the good, the bad, and some history). See Part 1 & Part 2.

No comments: